happy international women’s day
happy international women’s day
Lea Salonga is currently affiliated with a new musical called Allegiance that is trying to make it to Broadway. It’s a musical near and dear to my heart about the experience of a Japanese American family through events just prior and through World War II, focusing in particular on the Internment- essentially my family history.
I would love it if more people got interested it, because this bit of history is too important to forget, and simply because the musical is amazing- I was lucky enough to see an early production of it in San Diego which reduced me to tears. So to promote it here on tumblr, here’s one of my favorite songs from the show, recently made available in a new mini-EP you can get on iTunes and Amazon. Enjoy.
Fuuuuuck. Doesn’t that make her only the SECOND Black actress to win??? History.
7th. She would have been 2nd for Lead. But this was for supporting. But there are so many other reasons that this was…
Lupita Nyong’o accepting her Academy Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role.
id LOVE to do a solo female book with Marjorie Liu.
fav comic artistS are olivier coipel, stuart immonen, daniel acuna, clay mann, adam hughes, mignola, sara pichelli, becky cloonan, james harren and cory walker
alright, anon, here’s what i think:
- steve grew up in the 30s and 40s - right smack in the midst of the great depression.
- he was the child of a poor, single, working mom who was also an irish-catholic immigrant - a group that was viciously persecuted and discriminated against at that time.
- he had a variety of severe medical conditions that likely went untreated due to lack of health-care, and his mother died of pneumonia because of the same lack of health-care.
- he was frequently beaten up and bullied because he stood up for himself and others when no one else would.
- he volunteered to serve during the war because he so fervently believed in the cause he was fighting for and the people who needed his help and protection.
and then there’s stuff like this:
(from “man out of time” #3)
so basically, anon, i don’t agree with you at all.
he’s got his flaws, yeah, but steve would NOT be politically conservative. he would NOT be aligned with modern republican ideals, and he CERTAINLY would not be ignorant or insensitive to oppression, discrimination, inequality, or injustice.
in my opinion, anyone (or any narrative) that believes otherwise is completely missing the whole damn point of steve rogers.
baby husky’s first time in the snow
Who the hell is Peggy?
happy p2 secret valentine, lexi. ♥ ♥ ♥
Let’s remember, Jesus was a Jewish man of color, born homeless to an unwed teenager, who spent his formative years as an illegal immigrant before returning to his home country to hang out with twelve men, prostitutes, and socially untouchable tax collectors while he taught a radical social doctrine of equality, love, and forgiveness that included paying taxes, free healthcare, and the sharing of resources within a community.
canon Jesus is better than fandom Jesus
Art homework. Viking Black Widow :3 with Night Fury. Because that is totally a viking thing.
helmet based on this cool ref
Yeah. Complete fantasy viking. The dragon is historically accurate ;)
If I’m able to, then perhaps I’ll be closer to portraying a true expression of love.
-Hayao Miyazaki (x)